Canadian Minimum Wage Rates
The following Canadian minimum wage rates give a brief summary of the minimum wage rates of the provinces and territories. (Recently Updated May 31, 2019)
Provincial Minimum Wage Rates
BC Minimum Wage Rate
Current minimum hourly wage in British Columbia $13.85 (increased to $13.85 on June 1, 2019)
(Applicable to all employees - whether hourly, salary, commission, or incentive based).
Minimum wage per hour for employees serving liquor: $12.70 plus tips earned ($12.70 from June 1, 2019).
- Live-in home support workers: the minimum wage is: $113.50 per day or part day worked (since September 15, 2017).
- Resident caretakers: (in apartment buildings with more than 9 to 60 suites), the minimum wage is: $831.45 per month plus $33.32 for each suite (since June 1, 2019).
- Resident caretakers: (in apartment buildings with more than 60 suites), the minimum monthly salary is: $2,832.11 per month. (since June 1, 2019).
- Live-in camp leaders: the minimum wage is: $110.87 per day (since June 1, 2019).
- Crop harvesters: the minimum wage is calculated on a piece rate basis which is based on gross volume or weight (since September 15, 2017 the minimum wage has also been raised for crop harvesters).
For more on:
In BC, the Employment Standards Act is administered by the Employment Standards Branch of the Ministry of Labour and Citizens' Services.
Alberta Minimum Wage Rate
Alberta's Employment Standards Regulation outlines three minimum wage rates:
- Minimum wage in Alberta: $15.00 per hour. (Students under 18 years wages reduced to $13.00 per hour as from June 26, 2019) .
- Minimum weekly rate for salespersons and professionals: $598 per week.
- Minimum monthly wage for domestic employees: $2,848 per month.
For more on:
Saskatchewan Minimum Wage Rate
Manitoba Minimum Wage Rate
Ontario Minimum Wage Rate
- Ontario Minimum Wage Rate: $14.00 per hour (Rates from January 1, 2018 to September 30, 2020)
$12.20 Liquor Servers (Rates from January 1, 2018 to September 30, 2020)
$13.15 Student Under 18 (less than 28 HRs/wk) (Rates from January 1, 2018 to September 30, 2020).
- For more on the minimum wage, go to: Ontario Ministry of Labour.
Quebec Minimum Wage Rate
Nova Scotia Minimum Wage Rate
Prince Edward Islands Minimum Wage Rate
Newfoundland and Labrador Minimum Wage Rate
New Brunswick Minimum Wage Rate
Northwest Territories Minimum Wage Rate
Yukon Minimum Wage Rate
Nunavut Minimum Wage Rate
The above Canadian minimum wage rates serve as brief summaries of the minimum wage rates only, of the provinces and territories. They are not to serve as substitutes for the official statutes.
Canadian Minimum Wage