Labour Relations Training
This is a comprehensive Labour Relations Training program providing cost-effective industrial relations training to organizations in Canada. All our training programs are customized to meet your company's specific needs.
The overall objective of this LR/IR training is to give managers and supervisors the practical skills to effectively handle employee relations problems in the workplace, in compliance with current employment legislation.
Note: Our training is geared to HR and other senior managers who are seeking a more practical hands-on training to handling labour relations issues in the workplace. If you are seeking a more academic LR training I would advise you to look at one of the established education institutions, such as for example: Queens University.
All our training materials are customized to incorporate the labour laws and employment legislation of the relevant federal, provincial or territorial jurisdictions.
Labour Relations Training Modules
NEW FOR ONTARIO (Nov. 2018)
Learn how the previous Ontario government's Bill 177, and Bill 148 can impact your organization, and how after the current government's rollback of some of Bill 148's amendments to the Employment Standards Act (ESA) these amendments can still impact your organization.
This managers' training module is a one day in-house training session optimised to meet the needs of your organization.
For more details use the contact form below.
Practical Labour Relations Training for the Workplace
A comprehensive LR training program covering:
- An Outline of Canadian Labour and Employment Laws
- Handling Employee Relations
- Effective discipline in the Workplace
- Human Rights in the Workplace
Each module includes the following information:
- Training Objective
- Training Materials
- Recommended Time
- Training Program
Handling Employee Relations
- Module 1. Introduction: Employee Relations
- Module 2. Creating Positive Employee Relations
- Module 3. Effective Supervisory Handling of Employee Relations
- Module 4. Handling Conflict & Grievance in the Workplace
- Module 5. Effective Handling of Bullying, Discrimination and Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
Effective Discipline in the Workplace
- Module 1. Managing Corrective Discipline
- Module 2. The Legal Requirements
- Module 3. Handling Workplace Complaints
- Module 4. Correct Workplace Investigations
- Module 5. Deciding on Appropriate Disciplinary Action
Human Rights in the Workplace
The following sections are all covered under one module:
- Human Rights Legislation (individual jurisdictions)
- Understanding Employers Rights
- Understanding Employees Rights
- Protection under Human Rights Legislation
- Human Rights Violations and Sanctions
Strategic Human Resources in Labour Relations Training
The following modules are new.
- What is organizational change?
- Change as a crucial part of organizational strategy
- Why is change so important in a competitive business environment?
- Implementing the process of change in your organization
Outsourcing as a Strategic Move
- Why Outsource?
- When to Outsource?
- Which Departments to Outsource?
- Advantages of Outsourcing
- Disadvantages of Outsourcing
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Learn of the different types of mergers and acquisitions
- Why do organizations merge?
- Should your organization merge?
- The Challenge in merging two or more organizational cultures
- Why mergers often fail?
Downsizing and Restructuring
- Understand the complexities in downsizing
- Labour Relations Issues
- Dealing with labour relations laws when downsizing or restructuring
- Dealing with ethical issues in downsizing
- Managing the consequences of downsizing
By having a professional handle your organization's LR training you will have peace of mind that your labour relations issues will be addressed, and that your managers and supervisors will have the confidence and the practical training to handle the employee relations issues within their departments.
To request a labour relations training services quote, customized for your business, please use the contact form below.